Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Rakuichi (Dempsey)

It's Sunday but we did not go to church today as we got to go for ching ming. Today's weather is perfect for sleeping in, after so many hot days!

I suddenly had an idea to chuck babe to a indoor playground while we enjoy some peaceful dinner on our own. Since we effectively skipped lunch. So we made her eat her dinner earlier and decided to go to go go bambini so that we can eat at Rakuichi.

This is our second visit here. We were blown away during our first visit, especially by their specialty aburi sushi.

First dish was the japanese tomato which was extremely crisp and sweet, then fugu mirin boshi, my favourite appetitizer to go with sake. Here they serve it on a mini grill, which is a good idea to keep it warm was execution was wrong. As in they failed to put sufficient charcoal to keep it warm. After countless kaiseki meals, I wanted to buy one of these mini grills but never did.


Before I forget, this is the first time I'm seeing a live wasabi plant. Thought it was a decorative plant.



We each had a temaki after. Mine was the salmon skin temaki and his negitoro. I was impressed with the value of this temaki, $6 for so much salmon skin! But I must say that I had more crispy and less oily salmon skin temaki.

The nitsuke kinki fish was extremely delicious. The flesh of the kinki fish was so soft and fatty, it practically fell off the bones. The sweet sauce complemented the fish very well. But for a 500g fish for 2, the price tag is a hefty $88! Not for the faint hearted!


Last dish was the toku sushi platter, which we added a chutoro and requested for aburi of 4 pcs at a charge of $5.


All in, an excellent meal. It may sound little but I was actually very full after for a long while. Guess I'm not that used to eating that much rice at night.

Rakuichi (Dempsey)
10 Dempsey Road
#01-22
Tel: 64742143

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...